Would you like to start a blog? Then came to the right place. This complete guide will tell you exactly how to write a blog from scratch.
- Choose your blog platform (WordPress.org recommended).
- Please select a domain name.
- Register with your host provider (SiteGround recommended).
- Please install WordPress.
- Select and install a blog theme.
- Customize your new blog.
- Create and publish your first blog post.
Follow our step-by-step instructions to get your new blog up and running quickly. There is no time at all. let's begin…
Step 1: Choose your blog platform (WordPress.org recommended)
First step when starting your blog Choose which blog platform to use As already mentioned, I recommend using the free content management system WordPress.org. The reason is …
- FREE – WordPress is free, always exists and will always be. (You should still keep in mind that you'll still need to purchase the blog's hosting and domain name.)
- Customizable – WordPress is 100% customizable, so you can create blogs with exact specifications. There are several ways to edit your site, including using the Theme Options panel or the Live Customizer, installing the Page Builder plug-in, or changing the code. This makes WordPress a great option for both beginners and professionals.
- ] – As the number of blogs and visitors grows, you need a platform to scale your business as needed. There are thousands of free and premium WordPress themes, plugins, and other tools and services to add extra features to your site. So as your site grows, WordPress can accommodate your needs.
- Support – WordPress is supported by a worldwide community. From blogs and help forums to WordPress developers and designers, there are many ways to support you if you have any problems or questions when setting up your blog.
Of course there are many other blogging. Platform to choose from. And several all-in-one website builders like Wix, Weebly, and Squarespace provide very quick setup.
Importantly, these all-in-one website builders do not provide the same flexibility. , Custom options and control using WordPress. So while your blog won't start in a few minutes, WordPress can support your project during that time.
It is also worth noting that all Website Builder solutions work with monthly subscriptions. As your blog grows and you need to access more blogging tools, your monthly payments increase quickly. WordPress, on the other hand, is always free.
Fortunately it was sold on WordPress… Next, let's look at how to select a domain name for a new blog …
Step 2: Select a domain name  Domain Name Generator-Start Blog "width =" 1873 "height =" 817 "data-lazy- srcset = "https://themesubmit.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/_336_a-complete-guide-on-how-to-start-a-blog-step-by-step-2019.jpg 1873w, https://cdn.athemes.com/wp-content/uploads/ Domain-Name-Generator-Start-a-Blog-768×335.jpg 768w, https://cdn.athemes.com/wp-content/uploads/Domain-Name-Generator-Start-a-Blog-320×140.jpg 320w, https://cdn.athemes.com/wp-content/uploads/Domain-Name-Generator-Start-a-Blog-400×174.jpg 400w, https://cdn.athemes.com/wp-content/uploads/Domain -Name-Generator-Start-a-Blog-540×236.jpg 540w "data-lazy-sizes =" (max-width: 1873px) 100vw, 1873px "data-lazy-src =" https://cdn.athemes.com /wp-content/uploads/Domain-Name-Generator-Start-a-Blog.jpg"/>
Selecting a domain name can be a frustrating process. It takes time to determine a good domain name, and often people find a name that someone has already purchased when they register, here are some tips that are useful when trying to find a suitable domain name for a new blog …
- Keep it simple and concise – Keep your domain name short and concise with memorable words.
- Using Keywords – If possible, try to create a domain name that contains keywords that relate to your blog's niche and will rank your content. This will strengthen your blog's identity and help your blog rank in search engines.
- Try the Domain Generator – If you are struggling to get ideas, using the Domain Name Generator can help. Automattic's Lean Domain Search provides thousands of domain name suggestions. Just enter the keywords you want to use with your domain, and Lean Domain Search will match words with popular related phrases or other phrases.
- Consider other top-level domains (TLDs) – There are multiple entries. TLD to choose (TLD is the domain extension, for example .com or .net). .com is always the recommended domain extension, but if this is priced or the purchase price is very high, we recommend choosing a different TLD.
After finding the best domain name, you need to register it. You can buy a domain name through a domain registrar through a domain registrar, but the easiest way is to buy a blog's domain name through a hosting provider.
Now let's see how to buy hosting (and domain name) for your blog… 19659010] Step 3: Join a hosting provider (SiteGround recommended)
There are hosting providers that offer a variety of plans, features and pricing. Here Theme Submit recommends SiteGround because it offers inexpensive, high-quality hosting and provides many useful features to help your website perform at its optimal level.
SiteGround offers a variety of hosting options, including shared managed WordPress. , Cloud and dedicated hosting. However, if you are starting a new blog, we recommend that you choose the entry-level SiteGround shared hosting plan start .
Key Features …
- 1 website, 10GB web space, 10,000 visits per month.
- One-click WordPress installation.
- Automatic WordPress update.
- Free SSL Certificate.
- Free Cloudflare CDN.
- Unlimited email accounts in your domain, for example [email protected]
- 24/7 support.
StartUp charges are $ 3.95 per month (minimum one year). SiteGround offers a 30 day money back guarantee. This way you can get a full refund if you sign up but decide not to be the hosting company.
SiteGround provides a quick and easy sign up process. To get started, simply open SiteGround's shared hosting web page and click the Import Plan button .
SiteGround requests registration of a new domain. Enter your domain name and choose an extension such as .com or .net. If a domain name is not available with the extension you choose, SiteGround will provide an alternative TLD to choose from.
If you select an available domain, you must enter some personal information, including address and billing information, to specify a domain name.
Next, please check Purchase Information . ]part. Here you have to choose whether to commit to 12, 24 or 36 month plans as well as some other additional services, including domain name registration and domain privacy. The startup plan is renewed at $ 11.95 a month after the end of the initial period. Therefore, the longer the subscription period, the more money you will save in the long run.
Complete all information, verify it, and click OK. Pay now . Once your payment has been processed, SiteGround will send you an email with the login details for your new account.
Step 4: Install WordPress
Sign up with a hosting provider to install WordPress. For most large hosting companies, installing WordPress is very simple, and SiteGround is no exception.
To install WordPress with SiteGround, log in with your new account and click My Account . Then go to the cPanel and select the option.
From here, scroll down to WordPress Tools WordPress AutoInstaller .
Install > Quick Install Select the menu.
Now scroll down the page and select Domain Name from the drop-down menu next to Select Installation URL .
Next, select the administrator name and password for your new WordPress site. You will also need to provide an email to send these details. Then click Install .
SiteGround usually takes a few minutes to install WordPress. You can then log in to your new blog.
SiteGround provides a startup wizard to ensure a smooth installation process. This wizard helps you…
- Select Theme – This wizard allows you to choose from a variety of free and premium themes (the next section discusses choosing the right theme for your blog). If you do not choose a theme through the wizard, SiteGround will install the free WordPress theme Twenty Seventeen.
- Plug-in selection – Again, the wizard displays a free WordPress plugin that can be considered for installation. As per the blog's needs, the plugin includes WP Forms, Jetpack, and WooCommerce. If you are not sure if you need this feature, just exit the wizard. You can always install this plugin anytime later.
Wizards can start freely after completing the startup phase. Create a blog.
Step 5: Choosing and Installing a Blogging Theme
With thousands of free and premium WordPress themes to choose from, it can be difficult to decide which one is right for your new blog. When choosing the right theme for your website, consider the niche of your blog, the features you need, and your budget.
Learn more about theme choices…
Free themes can be found at WordPress.org. These themes have been rigorously checked, so it's easy to tell if your installed theme is high quality in your WordPress repository. But the downside of installing a free theme is that many people lack the features that premium themes provide. (Remember, you can install the plug-in to add the extra features you need.)
To find and install a free WordPress theme, select Appearance > Theme > . . Add a new menu sidebar menu to your WordPress dashboard.
You can now search, preview, or apply individual themes. Use filters to find themes that contain specific features or that are contained in specific niches.
Once you have decided on a theme, click Install > . Activation . Here I chose to install Fashionista, one of Theme Submit' free blogging themes.
Themes have been installed and are ready to be customized.  Premium Theme
Premium Theme offers a wide range of features throughout and is a better option if you want to create an engaging, professional and successful blog. Most theme developers provide a high level of support for premium themes, which is very useful if you are setting up a blog or experiencing issues.
Always Buy Premium Themes Get reviews and ratings of your themes from reputable theme developers. Here are some of the theme shops and developers we recommend.
- ThemeForest – The Theme Marketplace, ThemeForest, sells thousands of WordPress themes for every industry and niche.
- Elegant Themes – This advanced theme developer sells a variety of themes. Beautiful themes including flagship versatile themes Divi.
- Theme Submit – Wise developers of Theme Submit choose something awesome free and premium themes to offer something, regardless of project and criteria.
After purchase, you need to download the theme as a .zip file. Then select Appearance > Theme > Add New > U Load Theme from the WordPress dashboard.
Now upload the .zip files for the and themes and then click Install Now It is. Premium themes are now installed on your WordPress website.
Step 6: Customize your new blog
Once the new WordPress theme is installed, it's time to customize your new blog. Most of the new themes allow you to do this from the front end of your site through a custom tool. Customization options depend on the theme you have installed.
Select Appearance > Custom to open a custom program.
The customizer opens in the front end of your site.
Let's look at some of the key settings you want to change …
- Site ID – Site here You can add a title and tagline for the
- menu – edit the menu and change the location where it is displayed.
- Color – The color of the site (text, background, title, etc.).
- Fonts – Change the typography for the header and body of the text.
- Widgets – Determine the widgets to display in the header, footer, and sidebar. Creating a site through the personalization tool by  allows you to create a unique and original style for your blog and can differentiate your site from other sites.
You can also add information and contact pages to your blog
Step 7: Create and publish your first blog post
If you like the look of your site, you can create your first blog post. To do this, select News > Add New Entry within the WordPress Dashboard
Enter a title for your new post and start writing. Click + icon to add a new block, for example a new paragraph, title, list, or quotes.
To add an image to your blog post, select the icon + or Add Image .
You can choose to upload an image, select an image from the media library, or insert a URL. Please check × or Pexels for a good selection of free stock images. Or check out our Premium Service Shutterstock for the highest quality photos, images and other design elements. There are several settings in the document on the right side of the
page. Configure. Let's look at some of the most important…
- Featured Images – Add featured images to your blog articles to attract readers.
- Categories – Discuss categories of articles
- – Determine whether readers will comment on articles.
Preview at the top of the page Check out the article on the front end of the site to see how it will look to your readers. If you're satisfied with your new blog post, click the Post button.
Final Thoughts on How to Start a Blog
As you can see, starting a blog is a quick and easy process. Keep blogging in the future and post new, interesting and unique content regularly. You also need to grow like this on social media: Promote your content to social audiences and encourage them to read and share blog articles. Then, when your blog starts to get a lot of regular traffic, you can start making money. Good luck!
Have a question about how to get started with blogs? If so, please comment below…